Friday, January 6, 2012

The Red Headed Wonder turns 2

Brady turned 2 in December and boy, it has been an Adventure to say the least. I had this great idea to have Brady sit at the dinner table instead of his high chair thinking that if he eats with us, he will eat better. Well, turns out its just more of a mess than before. Good thing we have a dog that likes to eat what Brady drops, right? So back in the high chair he goes, for now.

Brady is now completely and utterly obsessed with Toy Story!! All 3, in fact. He will literally sit through the whole thing. It's good and bad. He has picked up a lot of words from watching and it's really cute to watch him act out what's going on in the movie. I also can get quite a bit done while he is watching, like writing this blog entry for example:). Now for the downside, He literally wants to watch it 24/7!!! So, I have limited it to about twice a day. Once in the morning and once before bed. The words "No Buzz" create a tantrum of earthquake proportion!! Not something anyone should ever experience unless you have earplugs.

All in all Brady has been a joy. He cracks me up! My mom and I took him to the park yesterday and he now goes down the "big boy" slide all by himself. He is extremely social and when we went to Yogurtland later in the day, he proceeded to have a dance party with a little girl who's mom I know from work. It was adorable and I have a feeling he will be a ham when he starts going to school.

I have started looking at preschools in our area and my God are they expensive!! First off, Montessori schools in this area are ridiculous!! $1500 a month along with $1200 worth of fees!! Who can afford this type of schooling? We certainly can not!! So, I am also looking into a Catholic school here called Holy Cross and believe it or not, it costs the same as our daycare for two days a week. It gets more expensive as each year goes by only because you go from 2 days a week to 5 and we have 2 children now so that's something to think about.

Holy Cross takes kids at 2 years 9 months and I'm pretty sure they have to be potty trained so I'm going to work on that but I'm really not sure how to start. Any suggestions would be great:).

Anyways, a lot going on with my little guy. He still has a binky and I'm so not ready to take it away but he will definitely have to give it up by September if we get him into preschool.

Looking forward to seeing what Brady does next!! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment