Monday, January 2, 2012

My goals for 2012

Well, it's a new year and a new blog! Let me just start off saying that 2011 flew by like crazy!! Samantha is already 7 months old and Brady turned two on December 9th. I honestly think that this year will be very exciting for us and my goals for this year are many but aren't unrealistic. So here are my goals for this year. I want to write them all down to look back and see what I have accomplished when 2013 rolls around. I think it will be interesting to see how well or not so well I've done. 


Goal #1- Lose 8 more lbs. I know it doesn't sound like a whole lot but it would bring me to pre-Brady weight. I took a Zumba class today, so a good start but very far to go.


Goal #2- Cut back on my swearing:). Brady repeats everything nowadays so I really have to watch myself as far as the language goes. So far, I'm doing pretty well.


Goal #3- Save more money!!!! This is tough. I've never been a good saver, and so I am really trying to pay myself first, then pay everything else. So far so good on this as well because I started last month. 


Goal #4- Visit my friend Jill in Hawaii. I know this isn't so much of a goal but I really need to make the trip. Jill has been my constant friend since high school and I miss her soooo much! Unfortunately this trip will be sans Danny because someone has to watch the kiddos, but I plan on taking a fun and relaxing trip by myself to go and spend some time with her and Danny and I have plenty of time to take trips together in the future. 


It may not sound like much but I don't make resolutions because I find I can't keep them and I'm trying to set small but reachable goals so not to overwhelm myself. 


Phew!! Well, wish me luck in 2012. Between 2 small kiddos and a full schedule of work between Danny and I, 2012 will prove to be a busy year but I look forward to the fun and excitement it's sure to bring. Happy New Year Everyone!!



1 comment:

  1. FIRST!!! HAHA. I like your goal about coming to see me! Hurry up and get here!!! I can't believe Sammy is already 7 months old and that I haven't gotten to meet either of them :( I need to make a trip your way too...just harder to pin my husband down!

    XO

    ReplyDelete